Financial Aid

Location: 4th Floor of the Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Address: 101 Elm Avenue, SE, Roanoke, VA 24013
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
 540-985-8267  Fax: 540-224-6916

How to Apply

Here are the basic steps to apply for financial aid:

Step 1: Obtain your Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID) at and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at The Radford University’s federal school code for the FAFSA is 003732.

Step 2: Review and apply for Federal Direct Loans as needed. There are several types of student loans made available by the Department of Education Direct Lending program. To begin the process, visit and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling.

Step 3: Apply for additional sources of Financial Aid and scholarship support, as well as a Federal Work Study program.

Step 4: Complete any outstanding requirements for your Financial Aid package. Check your email or self-service account for information regarding additional requirements for your Financial Aid. Some students must provide additional information for the FAFSA Verification process, VTAG applications, or to resolve issues with the student’s FAFSA. You will be contacted by the Financial Aid Office if any of these apply to you.

Please remember:

If you are not going to use Federal Student Aid (Federal Grants, Federal Student Loans, and/or Federal Student Employment) please notify the Financial Aid Office and they will waive the respective requirements.

If you are receiving Veterans Education Benefits, please contact the Financial Aid Office to fill out the appropriate paperwork.

If you want anyone else to be able to see or talk about your Financial Aid information with the Financial Aid Office (e.g. parent(s), spouse, etc.), you must fill out a Permission to Release Information form.

You will receive an Award Letter via mail or email that details the specifics of your Financial Aid package (i.e. award amounts of loans, grants, and scholarships you can receive for that semester or school year).