Tuition and Fees

While we’re proud to offer one of the highest-quality, hands-on healthcare educations in our region, there’s a lot to consider when choosing a college. Here’s what you need to know about our tuition and fees.

Billing and Payment

The RUC Office of Student Accounts and the Radford University Office of the Bursar are committed to providing excellent customer service to Radford University Carilion students, parents and the campus community. We provide a variety of services including the collection of tuition and fee payments, tuition payment plans and the disbursement of financial aid funds. Learn more about the services that we provide.

Tax Credit Eligibility

A 1098-T will be mailed to students in January. The 1098-T informs the student of the possibility of a tax credit. The number of eligible charges, along with scholarships and grants are provided on each 1098-T. It is the student's responsibility to determine eligibility for the tax credit. For more information on 1098-T forms, visit

RUC Parking Information

Student Permits

Order a Permit online through the parking portal.

  1. Login to OneCampus.
  2. Click on the "Parking" Icon.
  3. Click on "Get Permit."
  4. Follow the directions.

Parking lots designated for RUC students

  1. Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital Parking Garage
  2. Carilion Facility Parking Lot – 915 S. Jefferson Street
  3. Carilion Facility Parking Lot – 1005 S. Jefferson Street
    (Next to Athens Grill)

Cost:  All permits are free for the 20/21 academic year.   

Distinguishing Between Permits

  • RESIDENT STUDENTS – Blue Parking Sticker
    Resident parking stickers need to be displayed on the driver’s side rear window.
  • COMMUTER STUDENTS – Blue Hangtag
    Hangtag should be hung from rearview mirror.
  • MOTORCYCLE PERMIT – Red Radford Sticker
Map of parking areas at Radford University Carilion.

OneCard and RUC Identification Cards

The students, staff and faculty of Radford University Carilion will be issued three cards to be used for identification as well as used to gain access to certain areas within the college.

ONE Card

The issued ONE card is the official identification card for Radford University Carilion students, faculty, and staff.

ONE Card Account

The ONE card can be used as a debit card to pay for printing in the computer labs and also in the campus bookstore.  Funds can be added to the ONE card in the Office of Student Accounts or online through the Student MYRU account. These funds roll over from semester to semester and year to year, until the student graduates.

ID Badge

The issued ID Badge is to be worn while on university property at all times.  Students must also wear their ID Badges during clinicals, externships and internships.


The issued Prox Card serves as a building key for the residence halls, recreation center and several other academic areas at RUC.

**Radford University Carilion adheres to photo guidelines set forth by the Virginia DMV.

Lost/Replacement Card

Lost or damaged cards will be replaced by the Office of Student Accounts located on the 4th Floor, Room 406 upon the customer's request.

Such replacements will be made in accordance with current policies regarding card replacement and, in most cases, the customer will be charged a replacement fee of $20 for each card

The fee must be paid at the time the card is replaced; customers will not be billed.