Welcome to the Radford University Carilion Family!
You've been admitted to Radford University Carilion (RUC) and we can't wait to welcome you to campus!
As you begin your college journey, RUC faculty and staff will support you every step along the way. With an average class size of just 21 students, professors are able to get to know you and provide mentorship opportunities.
Through faculty support, there are many opportunities to participate in undergraduate research opportunities that will better prepare you for your future career or further education.
Attend a college where you are more than just a number.
Pay your Deposit
Pay your $200 enrollment deposit in person, by phone, or by mail (contact information is below):
- Mailing Address: Make payable to Radford University Carilion to: Radford University Carilion Student Account Office, 101 Elm Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24013, OR
- Call Radford University Carilion Student Account Office to make credit card or check payment over the phone 540-985-8272.
Many programs have firm capacity constraints imposed by accreditation agencies, because of this admitted applicants are encouraged to submit deposits as early as possible to secure a place.
Submit the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) at https://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Spring 2020 students should complete the 2019-2020 application, using your 2017 tax returns
- The 2020-2021 application is available Oct. 1. You will need 2018 federal tax return information to complete the FAFSA.
- Radford University Carilion school code: 003732
Review & Accept Financial Aid
Financial Aid packages are visible on your MyRU portal. This package details any scholarships, grants, loans, or federal work study programs you are eligible for. View detailed instructions on how to accept your RUC Financial Aid Package.
Contact the Radford University Carilion Financial Aid Office at 540-985-8267 if you have questions or for more information.
Submit Housing Application
Residence life at RUC is your chance to live and learn in a community of peers. Our residence hall, the historic Patrick Henry, is located in Roanoke's growing Downtown, giving students quick, easy access to RUC and the beating heart of Roanoke life. Living close to campus means you're only a few short blocks away from your classes, faculty, and all of the university’s other resources.
Select your Housing Application:
- Undergraduate Housing Contract [PDF]
- 2nd Year OTA Housing Contract [PDF]
- Spring 2020 Graduate and Accelerated Housing Contract [PDF]
Fill and return enclosed Housing Contract
- Radford University Carilion Residential Life, 101 Elm Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24013 OR
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Students requesting special accommodation due to a disability that may affect living in the residence hall should contact Radford University’s Center for Accessibility Services at 540-831-6350 or email@example.com.
Submit Final High School or Transfer College Transcripts
Make sure the Office of Admissions receives your high school transcript (with graduation date) or your official final transfer college transcript(s) including any work in progress.
New Student Orientation will be held Friday, Jan. 17 at 1 p.m. on the Radford University Carilion campus.
Admitted Students Checklist
New students for the spring 2020 semester are required to attend New Student Orientation
Make a deposit.
Register for orientation. Coming soon!
Submit your final transcripts—confirm with your guidance counselor that RUC will receive a copy of your final high school transcripts.
Pay your fall tuition and fees.
Prepare your technology [PDF].
Purchase your books.
Move in! Student can begin moving into the Patrick Henry on Friday, January 17, 2020.
Join the Highlander Family for the spring 2020 semester! Classes begin on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.