COVID-19 Testing Information
COVID-19 Entry Testing
- For Fall 2021, entry testing notifications will be sent to selected students by the Division of Student Affairs no later than August 10, 2021.
- Main campus entry testing will be held on Tuesday, August 17, 2021 through Saturday, August 21, 2021 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Young Hall.
- RUC entry testing will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital in the Board Room located on the 3rd floor.
- Please note that any required testing, as part of move-in and/or entry, will be scheduled and completed in order for test results to be returned prior to the first day of class.
- Students selected for entry testing who have been fully vaccinated can provide their vaccine card to eliminate the testing requirement.
- Students selected for entry testing who have not been vaccinated, but are interested in receiving a vaccine, should contact the Dean of Students Office prior to their arrival on campus or in the local area.
NOTE: Students who are selected for entry testing will be required to comply in order to gain access to their on-campus residence hall or University-operated off-campus apartment.
COVID-19 Weekly Testing
- For Fall 2021, students, faculty, and staff interested in COVID-19 testing will have access to open/walk-up testing on a weekly basis.
- On the main campus, testing will be available Monday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesday 3 to 6 p.m.. in Young Hall as the Buchanan House will no longer be utilized to support Student Health Center operations. *These hours were updated on Sept. 6, 2021.
- At RUC, testing will be available the first and third Wednesday of each month and the second and fourth Friday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital in the Board Room located on the 3rd floor.
- For symptomatic students, additional testing opportunities will be available by appointment through Student Health Services for main campus students by calling 540-831-5111 and RUC students by calling 540-795-3273.
As the Spring 2021 semester has concluded, Radford University is adjusting operating hours for Student Health throughout the summer. Effective May 3, 2021 through August 13, 2021, Student Health will move to summer hours with operations Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the main campus. For Radford University Carilion (RUC), the Nurse Navigator will be available for RUC students Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m.
Throughout the summer, the University will continue its commitment to provide COVID-19 testing. Walk-up testing on the main campus for students, faculty, and staff will be available every Monday from 9 through 10 a.m. and every Thursday from 11 a.m. through noon on the lower level of Moffett Hall. Walk-up testing at RUC for students, faculty, and staff will be available every Wednesday from noon through 1 p.m. at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital on the 3rd floor in the Board Room. Please note that no appointment is needed for walk-up testing on the main campus or at RUC, and the service is being provided free of charge.
For additional information regarding Student Health operations and services, please visit https://www.radford.edu/content/student-health/home.html. For specific questions regarding the University’s COVID-19 testing hours and overall response efforts, please e-mail COVID19@radford.edu.