Geospatial Science Major
Requirements for Geospatial Science majors are listed below. All majors must take the same required core courses and must complete course work in one of two concentrations.
Required Core Courses 24 credit hours
- GEOG 101. Europe and the Americas or 102. Africa and Asia or 103. Human Geography if not taken for General Education 3
- GEOS 125. Introduction to Geospatial Data. 3
- GEOS 130. Physical Geography. 4
- GEOS 211. Perspectives in Geospatial Science. 3
- GEOS 250. Introduction to GIS. 4
- GEOS 270. Introduction to Cartography. 4
- GEOS 490. Field Research Methods. 3
Majors must choose from one of the two concentrations.
For all concentrations, the Bachelor of Arts degree requires completion of the B.A. language requirements described in the undergraduate catalog. Bachelor of Science degree requirements for each concentration are described within the concentration.
Students should consult with their academic advisers in selecting elective courses to complete the 120 semester hours required for graduation.
To graduate with a major in Geospatial Science, a student must have a grade point average of 2.3 in all courses taken for major requirements including those from departments other than Geospatial Science.
Geospatial Science Minor
(18 semester hours)
A minor in Geospatial Science consists of 18 hours of GEOG or GEOS courses, subject to approval by the department.