College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
The Department of Physics at Radford University offers dynamic programs for students interested in pursuing education in physics, physics education, engineering or earth & space sciences. Students are increasingly taking advantage of the growing number of research opportunities offered by the Department. These have led to on- and off-campus paid summer internships, graduate school offers, and immediate job offers.
About the Department
The Physics Department coordinates programs in Physics and the Physics part of the 3:2 Cooperative Engineering Agreement with Virginia Tech. We are committed to quality undergraduate education, with emphasis on hands-on education.
Our students have opportunities to interact closely with faculty in their courses as well as on various independent study and research projects. Ongoing research projects include work in surface physics (scanning tunneling microscopy), observational astronomy, and geophysics.
The three concentrations in the Physics Major allow our students flexibility in their career choices. Read more about the Physics Concentration and the the Physics Education concentration.
For more information please email the department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-831-5652.