College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Welcome to the Geology Department at Radford University!
Our degree program provides students with a basic framework for a professional career in the field of geology, for graduate studies in geology, or for licensure to teach earth and space science. Learn More »
News & Events
Radford University Geology Professor Skip Watts and Geology Lab Coordinator George Stephenson explored the case of the disappearing Mountain Lake for the Museum of the Earth Sciences Lecture on April 7 in the Hurlburt Student Center Auditorium.
Radford University geology students and faculty presented talks and poster sessions of original research at the 2015 annual conference of the Southeastern Section of the Geological Society of America (GSA) in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Eighteen Radford University undergraduates who conducted research during the summer will present at the second Summer Research Celebration on Wednesday, Sept. 17, from noon to 5 p.m. in the Hurlburt Student Center Auditorium.
For Parvinder Sethi, applying emergent technology to teaching is as much a joy as the landscape that makes up the world's geology.
Radford University geology students and faculty will present talks or poster sessions of original research at the 68th annual conference of the Southeast Section of the Geological Society of America (GSA) April 10-11 at Virginia Tech.
The final lecture in the Fall 2013 Museum of the Earth Sciences lecture series will feature "Searching for El Dorado" by Ed Blackford, operations manager of Diamond Hole Mining Company.