Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Explores database administration examining the RDBMS engine, studies advanced techniques for managing traditional data: tune and optimize performance, maximize throughput, and design fault tolerant systems. Provides hands-on experience with the Oracle DBMS.
Studies how organizations monitor and analyze their business. Studies traditional and big data techniques for managing and analyzing large data sets. Studies the ETL process, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization. Provides hands-on experience with the Oracle DBMS and Hadoop, Pig, and Hive.
Investigates techniques for managing massive volumes of data and studies the design of scalable systems, on-demand computing, and cloud computing. Provides hands-on experience with Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
Examines advanced techniques for tuning and optimizing performance. Studies load balancing, clustering, mainframe systems, and other methods of managing traditional data and big data.
Studies reliability, security, and privacy issues related to storing, transmitting, and processing large data sets. Studies techniques to secure databases and system infrastructure and methods to assure data integrity through fault tolerance and data recovery.
Investigates comprehensive, enterprise-wide approaches to organize, protect, and control trusted information assets. Studies techniques to govern, control, and protect data on-site and off-site including master data management, data quality, data integration, and cloud computing architectures.
Explores data structures and algorithms for storing and processing traditional data and big data. Provides hands-on experience with Spark and Scala.
Studies techniques for analyzing structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data at rest and in motion. Studies non-traditional data sources including social media, mobile devices, and sensors; emerging analytical applications; real-time processing of data streams; and massively parallel processing technology.