College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Center for Assessment and Psychological Services
Welcome to the Center for Assessment and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Psychology Department, Radford University (RU)
The Center for Assessment and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides assessment, consultation and counseling/intervention services for the pediatric through adult population.
CAPS is open Monday through Friday (8:00am-5:00pm) across RU Fall, Spring and Summer sessions. Appointments in the evening (5:00-7:30pm) or when RU is on break are available by request.
We have a team-based approach to our evaluation and therapy service delivery, with advanced level graduate psychology students providing services under the direct supervision of licensed RU psychology faculty. CAPS has a dual mission:
- providing quality psychological services to the RU community and regional community members at reduced fees; and
- providing on campus clinical and research training experiences for graduate psychology students in our pediatric/school psychology and counseling psychology graduate programs.
CAPS Licensed Faculty Supervisors:
Dr. Jennifer Mabry, Director of CAPS and Associate Professor, Psychology Department
Dr. Ruth Riding-Malon, Associate Professor, Psychology Department
Emily Dove, Assessment Coordinator at CAPS, Adjunct Professor, Psychology Department
Polices, Fees and Payment
Clients do not have to be affiliated with RU. Clients are provided services by appointment only—we do not provide walk-in, crisis or emergency services. Given graduate student involvement in service delivery, we also do not provide services to clients that are currently suicidal or violent or those seeking evaluations for legal purposes (e.g., custody issues). CAPS has a sliding scale and payment plans for evaluation and counseling services. We provide services at a reduced fee—often 2-3 times lower than private practice evaluation services. We do not bill insurance companies. Clients may wish to contact their insurance company to determine if they can be reimbursed directly for all, or a portion, of our fees. We only accept cash, check or money order at this time. Please contact us directly for more information about current fees and polices.
For more information about our services please contact CAPS staff:
Location: Russell Hall #423 (4th floor), Psychology Department