College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures is designed to teach a command of a foreign language, to teach students to analyze language and literature, and to make students aware of the heritage of another culture. The department offers a number of academic programs.
Foreign Languages & Literatures News
Accomplished poet, translator and essayist Rosa Alice Branco will give a Portuguese poetry reading and host a discussion on her work “The Cattle of the Lord” at 7 p.m. on April 17 in the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences 1006.
From across the pond, Kirsty Condon ’14 left the home that she knew to explore a new culture – something she always dreamed of doing.
When Colleen O’Connell looked down from the Great Wall of China, she knew her choice to study Chinese was the right one. But the path to the Great Wall wasn’t always a smooth one. It was filled with countless hours of work spent learning a language that was, well, foreign to her.