Why Choose School Psychology at RU?
We are proud of our program and the opportunities we provide to our students.
- You’ll take assessment and intervention classes in cognition, academics, neuropsychology, and early childhood.
- We provide two counseling classes that will train you to work with individual students, small groups and to do crisis intervention counseling.
- Students are well trained in state of the art practices such as RTI and neuropsychological assessment and intervention.
- You will be in the going to the public schools in the first semester so you can start your hands-on training right away.
- We work with students that want to complete their third-year internship in their home state, increasing the likelihood that they will be offered a job there.
- Our faculty are school psychologists that have real life experience working in school districts.
- Student may earn both an Ed.S. Degree in School Psychology and an M.S. degree in psychology.
- We are one of the few programs that offer a Study Abroad option.
- We are fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists and our graduates are eligible to apply to be a Nationally Certified School Psychologist.