College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
University Performance Series
2022 - 2023 Season
Each year, the College of Visual and Performing Arts carefully selects world-class professional individuals or companies to perform for the campus and surrounding communities.
The Polish Wieniawski Philharmonic Orchestra
On February 2, 2022, the University Performance Series proudly presents an evening of exceptional classical music with a performance by the Polish Wieniawski Philharmonic Orchestra, a truly world-class ensemble. The orchestra formed in Poland at the end of World War II and provided the first post-war concert in that country, a sign of resilience in very dark times. Since then, they have played around the world.
Maestro Wojciech Rodek is considered one of the best of his generation and soloists Thomasz Ritter (piano) and Sara Dragan (violin) are highly decorated. The performance will feature three fairly well-known pieces, the overture to Rossini's opera, La gazza ladra (or The Thieving Magpie), Edvard Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor and Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.
Performance Date and Location
Feb. 2, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
Bondurant Auditorium, Preston Hall
General Public $15
RU ID Free
Tickets go on sale three weeks prior to the event online or at the Hurlburt Hall Information Desk 540-831-5420