College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Meredith Bowen
Meredith Bowen is the Director of Choral Activities and Assistant Professor of Choral Music Education at Radford University in Radford, VA, where she teaches classes in choral conducting, vocal pedagogy, choral methods, choral literature, and conducts three choirs. Her two current scholarship interests are restoring, publishing, and performing music written by 17th century women and the impact of socially-conscious programming. She enjoys an active guest conducting schedule, is an inaugural member of and Artistic Administrator for mirabai, a professional women’s ensemble, serves as R&R Chair for VA – ACDA Youth and Student Activities and is on faculty for the Choral Music Experience Institute and the Virginia Governor’s School for the Visual and Performing Arts and Humanities.
Previous to her appointment at Radford, Bowen taught K-12 general music, choir, and band in Lansing, MI, and was the Artistic Director of multiple ensembles in Michigan including: Sistrum - Lansing Women’s Chorus, Holland Chorale, and the Battle Creek Girls Chorus. Bowen holds a B.S. in Music Education from West Chester University, an M.M. and a D.M.A. in Choral Conducting from Michigan State University.