College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Joan Dickinson
Dr. Joan I. Dickinson, Professor of Interior Design and Coordinator of the MFA in Design Thinking at Radford University, holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree in interior design from Virginia Tech and a Ph.D. from Texas Tech University. Dickinson is NCIDQ certified and practiced professionally for over 10 years. With over 50 presentations, Dr. Dickinson’s research has been published and presented both nationally and internationally with recent presentations in Rome and Barcelona. Dickinson has been professionally involved in the Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) and Journal of Interior Design (JID) serving as a Director for JID and currently as the Director of Scholarship for IDEC.world.
RESEARCH AND CREATIVE INTERESTS
Dr. Dickinson's research interests include healthcare design, design for the homeless and poor, and attitudes toward research.