College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.A. in Dance
For more information on each course, visit the class description on the Radford University Office of the Registrar's website.
Core Curriculum Requirements (43-45 credits)
See Core Curriculum.
Dance Core (54 credits)
Theory Requirements (19 credits)
- DNCE 100 - New Student Seminar
- DNCE 310 - Study in Somatics (TH)
- DNCE 410 - Accompaniment for Movement (TH)
- DNCE 450 - Senior Seminar (TH)
- DNCE 465 - Dance Production (TH)
- DNCE 470 - Methods of Teaching Dance (TH)
- DNCE 480 - History and Philosophy of Dance I (TH)
- DNCE 481 - History and Philosophy of Dance II (TH)
Technique Requirements (20 credits)
- Ten semester hours of modern dance technique courses
- Ten semester hours of classical dance technique courses
Composition Requirements (3 credits)
- DNCE 120 - Dance Improvisation (TQ)
- DNCE 220 - Dance Composition (TH)
Performance Requirements (5 credits)
- DNCE 260 - Production Participation (PR) (Three credit hours required)
- DNCE 365 - Performance Practicum (PR) (Two credit hours required)
Dance Electives (6 credits)
All BA majors are required to complete six additional semester hours of courses selected from technique, composition and/or performance.
B.A. Requirements (6-8 credits)
The Bachelor of Arts degree requires completion of the B.A. language requirements.
Electives (15-17 credits)
Students should consult their advisors in selecting elective courses to complete the 120 semester hours required for graduation.
Total Credits Needed for Degree (120)