College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.F.A. Studio Art
Develop craftsmanship, creativity, and originality in our B.F.A. concentration in studio art. Students build technical mastery through courses in drawing, painting, watercolor, ceramics, sculpture, photography, animation, video art, illustration, and more. They also explore big questions and diverse perspectives through a set of philosophy and concept development courses. The concentration culminates with courses on professional practices, including creating work for and hanging your own senior exhibition.
The B.F.A. concentration in studio art is a professional degree that prepares students to pursue the terminal M.F.A. degree in studio art. Students may use the degree as an entry for gallery jobs, teaching outside K-12, or other creative careers in the arts. A complete list of art education courses can be found in the academic catalog.