College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Halide Salam, M.F.A., Ph.D
Ph.D., Fine Arts Studio (Painting)
Texas Tech University
Halide Salam received her Masters of Art in Painting from New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, New Mexico, and Ph.D in Fine Arts, Studio from Texas Tech University. She has been painting and exhibiting in national and international galleries and museums and winning numerous awards in painting. She has presented lectures and papers on art and art history within and outside the United States.
Salam was nominated three times for the State Council for Higher Education of Virginia award (SCHEV), and was the recipient of the Radford University 1998 Creative Scholarship Award. Her book, "Between Two Spaces: Reflections on the Spiritual in Art" was nominated for the 2008 National Book Award in Non-Fiction. Her book is used in the Prescott, Arizona school curriculum for elementary and middle school art students as a tool for self-discovery. Recently, Salam’s painting, "Title Withheld No. 6" was chosen by the US Department of State Art in Embassies Program to represent American Artists’ work Overseas. Salam’s work is in numerous collections nationwide and overseas.