College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
Welcome to Political Science at Radford University!
Are you looking for a major that opens up a world of possibilities? A career that is always changing, providing new challenges to learn and opportunities to grow? Do you want to change the world, or at least be a force for change in your community? Do you want to take on everything the world has to offer?
If any of that sounds like you, then you’re ready to become a Political Science major at Radford! Our students take challenging classes and apply what they’ve learned in the real world. Our alumni are successful because they are ready for anything. We help students develop critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills though thought-provoking classes, mentoring faculty who provide one-on-one advising and support, and exciting opportunities outside of the classroom. If you’re looking for a challenge, with plenty of care and support, you’ve found the right place. Home is with the Highlanders.
I invite you to take a look around the site. Meet our world-class faculty, get to know your fellow students, explore the REAL curriculum that makes Radford unique, and experience what our students and alumni are doing. I’m sure you’ll see that the Highlander Political Science program is a special opportunity to advance your life as a leader.
Dr. Chapman Rackaway
Professor and Chair, Department of Political Science
To stay up-to-date with everything going on in Political Science, please sign up here for our monthly department newsletter