College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Initiatives
The Department of History welcomes Dr. Anthony Guidone as a new faculty member.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, the Department of History recognized Richard Tisinger (History) and Jaelyn Szerokman (Social Science) with Dean's Scholars awards.
Professor Sharon Roger Hepburn's new book offers the letters of an African American soldier during the Civil War.
The World War II: Experience and Legacy Series, 75th Anniversary Commemoration.
The World War II Series is back with two more installments on March 28 and April 11, 2022. Also, if you missed a previous presentation, see the World War II Series page for recordings of many of them.
The Digital Archives program makes available historical documents on a variety of topics related to local history and Virginia history, and the American Civil War.
New materials have been added to the Digital Archives pages. Check out the latest materials in The New River Valley Collection.
RU history professor Richard Straw is exploring the phenomenon of hitchhiking and taking to the open road in the 1960s and 1970s. His study promises a glimpse of American society during the peak of the Counterculture.
Are you a history major interested in pursuing an internship experience?