College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
Alpha Phi Sigma
Alpha Phi Sigma is the national criminal justice honor society. It is designed to recognize academic excellence among criminal justice students. Being recognized through membership in Alpha Phi Sigma is an honor. Students in the group may also wish to participate in conferences, scholarship competitions, social activities and more.
What are the requirements for membership?
Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for membership. Requirements for undergraduate students are as follows:
- Have declared a major or minor in criminal justice
- Have completed at least 40 credit hours of coursework
- Have completed at least four criminal justice courses at Radford University
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Have a criminal justice grade point average of 3.2 or higher
Please be aware that "completed coursework" does not count the courses that you are currently taking. Also, GPA's can not be rounded - 3.2 is the required minimum.
Requirements for graduate students are as follows:
- Be enrolled in a graduate (master's degree) program in criminal justice
- Have completed at least four graduate CRJU courses at Radford University
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.4 or higher
- Have a criminal justice grade point average of 3.4 or higher
Please be aware that "completed coursework" does not count the courses that you are currently taking. Also, GPA's can not be rounded - 3.4 is the required minimum.
How and when can I apply?
Spring 2022 recruitment emails have been distributed. Eligible students should complete the application and return to Mr. Snow by 5pm on Monday, February 28.
For information about joining Alpha Phi Sigma, please contact Mr. Eric Snow, the chapter advisor.