College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Initiatives
School of Communication Director Announced
The College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences is pleased to announce Dr. Jennifer L. Walton will serve as the next director of the School of Communication beginning August 2021.
Dr. Walton is a native of Northern Indiana. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Speech Communication and Theatre Education and a Master of Arts in Communication Studies both at Indiana State University. She received her Ph.D. in Communication Studies at Bowling Green State University focusing on Political Rhetoric and Media.
Prior to starting at Radford University, Dr. Walton served as an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor of Communication Studies at Ohio Northern University from 2006-2021 and Department Chair from 2012-2020. Dr. Walton has also held teaching positions at Indiana University South Bend, Owens Community College, and Tiffin University.
Dr. Walton’s research interests include instructional communication, political rhetoric, popular culture, and film studies. She has found success in public scholarship having accrued 233 media appearances since 2016 including USA Today, The Columbus Dispatch, and The Tennessean.
Please welcome Dr. Walton to Radford University this fall.