College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Initiatives
Juan-Carlos Molleda, M.A. '07
A professor who is the Edwin L. Artzt Dean at the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication – and who earned his master’s in corporate and professional communications from Radford University – has been tapped for a national award for his work in public relations.
Juan-Carlos Molleda, M.A. ’97, will receive the Pathfinder Award from the Institute for Public Relations on Dec. 1 at a ceremony in New York City, according to a UO news release.
It cited his “sustained contributions to the field of public relations through research, education and leadership.”
Molleda did his undergraduate work at the Universidad del Zulia in Venezuela before coming to the United States in 1994, where he attended Radford University.
He later earned his doctorate in journalism and mass communications, with an emphasis on international public relations, from the University of South Carolina in 2000. Prior to his position in Oregon, he taught at the University of Florida for 16 years, the release said.
“I couldn’t have received this lifetime achievement award without the support of my family, mentors, friends, leaders of industry and institutions that have believed in me since I came to this country 28 years ago,” Molleda said.