The deadline to turn in your Fall 2018 graduation application is Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018. Find the graduation form on our Forms page. Complete your graduation application and turn it in to your faculty advisor for review. If you are a double-major or double-degree seeking student make sure you apply to graduate with both majors/Colleges.

Quick Links

With whom should I meet for advising?

Freshmen and sophomore level Communication, Criminal Justice, Media Studies and Psychology students are advised by Academic Advisors in the Advising Center. All other students are assigned a Faculty Advisor according to what major you have declared. Check your degree audit for this information.  

Gloria Tuckwiller advises those students who have met with Dr. Robert Williams and have declared a major in Interdisciplinary Studies -- Liberal Arts Non-Teaching.

Deborah Kitts advises those students who have declared a major in Foreign Languages and Literatures.

You can schedule an appointment with us by calling or stopping by the Advising Center in HB 3301.  Our phone number is 540-831-6366.  We are open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.  Please note that we do not accept appointments during the first week of classes for the Fall and Spring semesters.  Students needing assistance are handled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis.

All other students are assigned a Faculty Advisor within their department.  This information can be found on your degree audit on the MyRU portal under the "Academics" tab and by clicking on the "Degree Audit (DegreeWorks - Students)" link.