Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Child Welfare Employee Education Assistance Program available to part-time MSW students
The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is offering a Child Welfare Employee Education Assistance Program (CWEEAP) beginning fall 2018, in order to provide funding and specialized child welfare training to full-time local department of social services (LDSS) staff who are enrolled in a part-time MSW program and committed to working in public child welfare in foster care/adoption following graduation.
-Provides funding on a reimbursement-basis, upon successful completion of each semester, for up to $2,500 (per semester, maximum $5,000 per calendar year) toward tuition and fees only.
-Offered for full-time LDSS employees already enrolled in a part-time MSW program for the 2018-19 school year at one of four participating schools:
- George Mason University
- Norfolk State University
- Radford University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- In exchange for the financial assistance, employees commit to work in the LDSS where currently employed (“Supporting Agency”) in foster care or adoption, following graduation - six (6) months of continuous, satisfactory work owed for every year of funding received.
- Must have the support of Agency Director (indicated by submitting a signed Agency Letter of Support)
- To ensure equitable access to the program, up to two (2) qualified applicants from each state region (Northern, Central, Eastern, Western and Piedmont) may be chosen, (depending on funding and qualified applicants) not to exceed ten (10) employees total.
- Applications will be accepted beginning early 2018
Contact the VDSS State Coordinator for more information or to request to be added to an information distribution for notification when application materials are available: firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 726-7423.
Note: This program differs from the existing Employee Education Assistance Program available at some LDSS. The CWEEAP should not be used to replace the Employee Education Assistance Program offered through LDSS.