Graduation requirements are the responsibility of the student. You have at your disposal the online University catalog, department major worksheets, faculty advisors, and college advising centers to advise you throughout your career here at Radford University.
Please find below the MINIMUM requirements for graduation from Radford University. Each major and degree type requires a much more in-depth program of study or a greater number of total hours to be successfully completed. Also, some majors or degree types may require minimum grade point averages. You should check your online degree audit to ensure you meet these expectations. If you believe something to be amiss, it is your responsibility to meet with your faculty advisor or the advising coordinator of your college to ensure you meet all requirements for graduation.
Any Radford undergraduate catalog may be used to meet graduation requirements, between enrollment and graduation, as long as it is no more than five years old at the time of a student's graduation from the University (readmitted students must use the catalog currently in use under which they are readmitted).
Minimum Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- 120 credit hours (minimum) successfully completed
- 2.00 minimum overall grade point average (some degree tracks/majors require a higher overall GPA)
- 2.00 minimum in-major grade point average (some majors require a higher in-major GPA)
- 30 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for graduation
Graduating with Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 or higher with a minimum of 30 hours but less than 60 hours completed at Radford University will graduate "With Distinction"
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.70 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Magna Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.85 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Summa Cum Laude Latin Honors
Graduation Application Plan
Use the Degree Audit Planner to create a list of courses for your last term(s) prior to graduation. This is required prior to submitting your graduation application and will ensure that the Office of the Registrar and your faculty advisor can check that your final degree requirements will be met.
Graduate Student Graduation Requirements
Graduate students who need information about their graduation requirements should contact the Graduate College.