Graduation requirements are the responsibility of the student. You have at your disposal the online University catalog, department major worksheets, faculty advisors, and college advising centers to advise you throughout your career here at Radford University.
Please find below the MINIMUM requirements for graduation from Radford University. Each major and degree type requires a much more in-depth program of study or a greater number of total hours to be successfully completed. Also, some majors or degree types may require minimum grade point averages. You should check your online degree audit to ensure you meet these expectations. If you believe something to be amiss, it is your responsibility to meet with your faculty advisor or the advising coordinator of your college to ensure you meet all requirements for graduation.
Any Radford undergraduate catalog may be used to meet graduation requirements, between enrollment and graduation, as long as it is no more than five years old at the time of a student's graduation from the University (readmitted students must use the catalog currently in use under which they are readmitted).
Minimum Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- 120 credit hours (minimum) successfully completed
- 2.00 minimum overall grade point average (some degree tracks/majors require a higher overall GPA)
- 2.00 minimum in-major grade point average (some majors require a higher in-major GPA)
- 45 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for graduation
- 30 of the last 39 credit hours must be completed in residence at Radford University (you may only transfer 9 of your last credit hours from an outside institution during your last two semesters if you complete 15 credit hours during Fall and 15 credit hours during Spring semester)
- 50% of the credit hours in your major or minor must be completed at Radford University
Graduating with Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 or higher with a minimum of 30 hours but less than 60 hours completed at Radford University will graduate "With Distinction"
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.70 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Magna Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.85 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Summa Cum Laude Latin Honors
Graduate Student Graduation Requirements
Graduate students who need information about their graduation requirements should contact the Graduate College.