College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
M.F.A. in Studio Art
If your goal is a future as a professional artist or graphic designer, or you hope to teach studio art at the university level, the program at Radford University is the program for you. The Master of Fine Arts degree lets you concentrate in painting, drawing, photography, graphic design, jewelry and metalworking or ceramics, and features small classes, opportunities to work closely with your professors, and an accomplished, international faculty.
Why choose Radford?
Graduates hold teaching jobs in painting, mixed media and graphic design
Continue to teach while taking studio courses to further your education
Plan your career, work closely with your mentor(s) and hone your studio skills
I chose the MFA program in studio art, with a concentration in photography, at Radford University because I wanted to further explore and enhance my artistic skills and I wanted to teach at the university level."
We have the space to bring in exhibitions of:
- professional artists’ work and special collections;
- exhibition spaces for the graduation shows of our students;
- displays of work done in studio classes by students in their first or second years of the program.