College of Graduate Studies
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the timeline for applying?
- How will my application be evaluated?
- Does the reputation/history of my undergraduate institution or company affect my chances of being accepted?
- Where do I send my application?
- What if I want to schedule an appointment to talk to someone about the RU MBA?
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?
- When and how can I expect to hear back from RU?
- Will RU provide feedback for students who have been rejected?
- How long can I defer my acceptance?
- What is the latest date test scores will be accepted?
- Is there a minimum GMAT required to apply?
- Can I send only my best GMAT score?
- Where can I get more information about the GMAT?
- Will you accept a GRE score instead of the GMAT?
- International Students: Are their admission requirements different?
- How should I submit my transcripts?
- Is there a minimum GPA requirement to apply?
- What is the average GPA of accepted students?
- What is the estimated cost for one year at RU?
- What are some options for financing my RU education?
- Should I expect a more collaborative or competitive environment?
- Is it possible to cross register with other universities?
- How is the curriculum structured?
- What social opportunities does Radford offer?
- How can I sign up for a campus tour?
- How can I sign up for a classroom visit and is there a limit to how many I can attend?
- What events are held for accepted students?
- As a student, will I have the opportunity to network with alumni through organized events?
What is the timeline for applying?
- Radford University’s MBA Program has year-round, rolling admissions. We can accept qualified candidates up to the day classes begin so long as there is still room in the program.
How will my application be evaluated?
- All applications are evaluated using a portfolio approach of all application materials. The balance of the materials will be evaluated against the criteria for their MBA program. For more information, please go to application requirements.
Does the reputation/history of my undergraduate institution or company affect my chances of being accepted?
- All unique factors are considered in reviewing a student’s application including the undergraduate institution. It is important that your undergraduate degree comes from an accredited institution.
Where do I send my application?
- You will apply to the MBA program at the College for Graduate and Professional Studies website. All application materials will be handled by the graduate college. If you have any questions about the receipts of your application materials (e.g., your recommendations, transcripts, GMAT scores, letter of intent, etc.), please contact the graduate college directly.
What if I want to schedule an appointment to talk to someone about the RU MBA?
- The Director of the RU MBA program is always available to set up appointments to speak to prospective and current students in Roanoke or Radford. Please call or email the RU MBA office to schedule an appointment in the location convenient for you.
Applications - Work Experience
What is the desired length of work experience you wish to see in candidates?
- No minimum work experience is required.
Applications - Follow-Up
Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?
- First, visit the RU Graduate College application menu to check the status of your materials. This is the website you used to submit your application. The graduate college can assist with any additional questions regarding the application process.
When and how can I expect to hear back from RU?
- You will receive notification from the Graduate College regarding the final decision of your acceptance. This generally takes from 2-4 weeks after submission of your final materials, though times vary throughout the year. Please feel free to contact the RU MBA office and/or the Graduate College if you have specific concerns about turnaround time for your application.
Will RU provide feedback for students who have been rejected?
- You will receive feedback in the letter you receive. For additional information, you may contact the RU MBA office.
How long can I defer my acceptance?
- One year provided you notify the Graduate College.
GMAT, GRE & TOEFL
What is the latest date test scores will be accepted?
- We can accept scores anytime up to the beginning of the semester provided there is sufficient time to review and respond to the application.
Can I send only my best GMAT or GRE score?
Where can I get more information about the GMAT?
- Your best source is through the GMAT website.
- Taking the GMAT in Roanoke: Pearson Professional Centers - Roanoke, Va.
Will you accept a GRE score instead of the GMAT?
- The GMAT is the generally accepted test for MBA programs. However, we will accept GRE equivalent scores.
International Students: Are their admission requirements different?
- Yes. Applicants from outside the U.S. must also submit an official TOEFL score of 79-80 or higher or IELTS score of 6.5 or better. The requirement may be waived for applicants whose previous degree is from a university at which English is the primary language of instruction. International students are also responsible for obtaining a certified letter of sponsorship and a bank statement proving finance for the first year.
- Supplemental form for International Students: Supplemental International Student Application
- An international student must be prepared to allow for additional time for processing any Visa requirements. Please allow at least 8-10 weeks for international applications to be processed.
How should I submit my transcripts?
- You must contact all your previous institutions and have all official transcripts sent directly to the Graduate College. If you were an RU undergraduate, this will be accessed internally, and you do not have to request it from the registrar.
Is there a minimum GPA requirement to apply?
- The minimum GPA for graduate study at RU is 2.75. Some students without the qualifying GPA but with significant work experience, high test scores, or interesting backgrounds may be admitted with restrictions.
What is the average GPA of accepted students?
- Please see our AACSB ranking for more detailed information about our students.
Financing your MBA
What is the estimated cost for one year at RU?
- The Bursar's Office can assist you with this information.
What are some options for financing my RU education?
Should I expect a more collaborative or competitive environment?
- A more collaborative environment. Our curriculum is designed to encourage teamwork and opportunities to develop individual and group skills, as well as cultivating relationships between students and graduate faculty.
Is it possible to cross register with other universities?
- No. We prefer to have course work completed through Radford University. However, it is possible to transfer up to 12 approved credits into the RU MBA program from another institution.
How is the curriculum structured?
- Full-time students can complete the program in as few as 12 months by taking two courses during each 7-week session; Fall A, Fall B, Spring A, Spring B, Summer A and Summer B.
Part-time students can complete the program in 24 months by taking one course during each 7-week session; Fall A, Fall B, Spring A, Spring B, Summer A and Summer B.
EVENTS AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
What social opportunities does Radford offer?
- Since the program is fully online there are no social opportunities held in person however, we do hold virtual events/talks.
How can I sign up for a campus tour?
- Please contact the graduate college for setting up a tour.
How can I sign up for a classroom visit and is there a limit to how many I can attend?
- Contact the MBA office and we will work with you and the faculty to find an available class.
What events are held for accepted students?
- There is an online orientation for all students accepted. This orientation can be taken anytime after enrollment. Contact the RU MBA office for more information.
As a student, will I have the opportunity to network with alumni through organized events?
- Join our RU MBA linkedin page to connect with alumni.