College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
The Department of English offers two, fully-online graduate certificate programs:
- Teaching Language Arts in the Digital Age
The Teaching Language Arts in the Digital Age Certificate is 18 semester hours and is intended for language arts teachers at all levels, especially middle and high school English teachers, and any teachers or prospective teachers who want to explore language arts in digital realms.
- Professional Writing Online Certificate
The Professional Writing Certificate is 13 semester hours and is designed for individuals who want to strengthen their professional, technical, business, and digital (online) writing skills and remain competitive in today's employment landscape.Professional Writing
Perfect for busy professionals, the certificates combine the convenience of online learning with the quality and value of a Radford University education. When students enroll in the Teaching Language Arts in the Digital Age or Professional Writing certificates, they’ll work with the same experienced faculty who teach traditional, face-to-face classes in the English Department.
Individuals completing graduate certificates at Radford University enroll as “non-degree seeking” students. The Teaching Language Arts in the Digital Age and Professional Writing certificates review admission applications nearly year round. What's more, because many of their courses do not have pre-requisites, they can be taken in any order.
Both certificate programs also offer special study options to students who already are enrolled or who are seeking to enroll in graduate degree programs (MA, MFA, MS, PhD) at Radford University.