College of Graduate Studies
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Why Choose Our Program?
As the volume of information continues to explode, so does the need for IT professionals who can maximize the value of information assets while getting the right data to the right people at the right time.
The Radford University MS in Data and Information Management combines traditional classroom learning with practical experience, resulting in a curriculum that challenges students to solve real problems for real clients. Class discussions build a strong theoretical foundation reinforced with hands-on projects enabling students to engage with faculty and industry partners in the ARTIS lab, an advanced, high-tech collaborative workspace.
By blending theory and practice, students master the latest technology – including Hadoop, Spark, and Hive – and learn fundamental concepts and principles in the following areas:
- Data architecture; data modeling and design; data storage
- Data integration and interoperability; data quality
- Data governance; data security and privacy
- Data warehousing and business intelligence.
The MS program educates graduates to the advanced level required to deliver increasingly complex data management solutions while preparing them for successful and rewarding careers. Students gain the knowledge and experience they need to attain leadership roles at multiple levels from database engineers and administrators to data architects and information managers.
Graduates will be proficient with tools and techniques for managing traditional data as well as the latest technology and best practices to manage and process big data. Graduates will also be prepared to meet the challenges of designing, developing, and maintaining high-performance systems with 24/7 availability.