College of Graduate Studies and Research
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The counseling program at Radford University offers a unique blend of courses designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for becoming a knowledgeable, thoughtful, skillful and caring counselor. The program is intensely clinical and involves significant student engagement in situated learning or clinical practice.
Emphasis on the students’ personal and professional growth and development permeates the entire educational process. Didactic and experiential learning components are provided to ensure that students develop a thorough knowledge of the helping process and their personal role as a facilitator of human development and change. An individual style of counseling is created by a blend of courses, directed experiences, supervised clinical practice and personal growth. This unique combination has proven to be an effective training process for our graduates who seek employment as professional counselors in varied settings or who desire advanced graduate study beyond the master’s degree.