College of Graduate Studies
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Business Analytics Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics will provide a tangible recognition for the skills, knowledge, and abilities students acquired. It would also provide the MBA with a unique selling proposition. While other Colleges of Business in the Commonwealth offer certificate programs, the Radford University College of Business & Economics would be the first to offer a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics partnered with SAS, a worldwide leader in data analytics software and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. The joint certificate program with SAS will help to differentiate the Radford University MBA program, provide credential-building for individuals from other disciplines interested in expanding their knowledge of business analytics and provide a strong differentiating marketing message to attract students, alumni and industry professionals.
English Language Proficiency (as established by the Radford University College of Graduate Studies & Research)
- For international students, applicants must demonstrate English proficiency prior to admission to the University. Radford University has established levels of proficiency for students whose native language is not English. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is the primary evaluation tool to test your knowledge of English. English language proficiency is demonstrated by: TOEFL 550 or higher (paper-based); 213 or higher (computer-based); 79-80 or higher (internet-based). If you have taken the TOEFL, have the results sent directly to Radford University (code 5565) from the Education Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08541. Information on the TOEFL is also available from U.S. embassies and consulates.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test that measures the language proficiency of people who want to study in environments where English is used as a language of communication. IELTS provides a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking. An easy to use 9-band scale clearly identifies proficiency level, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9). A minimum score of 6.5 is required for admission to the College of Graduate Studies & Research.
- TEOFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
- Current Radford University graduate student in good standing or newly admitted Radford University graduate student (entering GPA determined by program in which they were admitted).
- For a student not currently enrolled in a graduate program at Radford University who possesses an earned graduate degree from Radford or another accredited institution, proof of degree completion is required.
- For a student not currently enrolled in a graduate program at Radford University who possesses an undergraduate degree as their highest degree earned, a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 is required.
- An official transcript from each college or university from which the student has earned a degree or post-baccalaureate credits
- A current resume
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge in statistics. This can be met through equivalent coursework from an accredited university, successful completion of an online preparation course through the Radford University College of Business and Economics, or sufficient demonstration of knowledge through work experience.
Students will take three required business analytics courses and one business analytics elective. All of the required and elective courses are existing College of Business graduate courses and listed in the Radford University Graduate Catalog.
Number of Credit Hours: 12 graduate credit hours
Required Courses – 9 credit hours
- MKTG 625 – Business Analytics Foundations (3 credit hours)
- MKTG 630 – Predictive Analytics & Data Mining (3 credit hours)
- FINC 651 - Financial Analytics: Applications for Data Analysis and Portfolio Construction (3 credit hours)
Restricted Electives – 3 credit hours
One course must be selected from the courses listed below.
- MGNT 622 - Quantitative Methods (3 credit hours)
- ECON 694 - Business Forecasting (3 credit hours)