All students, faculty, staff and guests participating in any international experience supported and/or funded by Radford University (study, internship, service learning, teaching, conference, research program, etc.) are required, and will be automatically enrolled, in the mandatory RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan administered by CISI. Other health insurance plans are not accepted.
- Plan information for 2021-22 (Summary Handout)
- To file a claim, print an ID card, or view your benefits, please create an account and log on to the myCISI portal.
For students, the cost of the insurance will automatically be billed to their student account. For faculty, staff and guests, the cost of the insurance will be billed to the appropriate department or unit.
Once enrolled, you will receive an electronic ID. You will then need to create an account in CISI's website in ordr to access the details of your policy, obtain visa letters, and others. It is important that participants familiarize themselves with the CISI website, their claims process, and other medical information prior to departure.
1. If a foreign government requires a student to enroll in their health insurance plan as a requirement for participation in their study abroad program, the student will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
2. Students attending a program in the U.S. or any American terrotory will not be enrolled in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
3. Students attending an ISEP program will be required to participate in the ISEP health insurance program. As a result, students will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.
4. Students attending a study abroad program in which the international health insurance is included as part of the program fees will not be required to enroll in the RU Education Abroad Health Insurance Plan.