College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Theatre is a hands-on art form and there is no better place to get your “hands on” than RU Theatre. Besides the classroom, there are many ways to become engaged through your theatre studies. In fact, your whole college experience will shape who you become once you begin your career and whether you stick with theatre or not, the skills that you learn are easily transferred to almost any profession. Other learning opportunities are available through independent study, internships in theatre, study abroad, or any number of other areas. For additional practical experience and even some extra money you might look into one of the many work study positions available in the department.
Our students are also encouraged to participate in professional organizations such as Virginia Theatre Association, Southeastern Theatre Conference and United States Institute for Theatre Technology. A prime way to delve into these is by attending their annual conferences. The department often provides some financial assistance to students participating in these activities. Back here on campus, there are a number of other student groups and activities that a student may also become involved with.