College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Students in the Department of Theatre at Radford University study and work in modern, state-of-the-art facilities comparable to many professional theatres throughout the country. Most teaching and production activities take place in Porterfield Hall where these facilities are housed.
The program’s “main stage” performance venue is the 490-seat Pridemore Playhouse which has a 40-foot proscenium opening, computerized lighting control, hydraulic orchestra pit and full counterweight system. Immediately adjacent is the Hawes Studio Theatre, a black box theatre with a L’Air sprung floor. Flexible seating and lighting arrangements allow for wide variation and experimentation in staging.
In addition, the department has fully equipped scenic and costume studios, a sound lab, student drafting/computer room outfitted with CAD software and multiple storage areas for equipment, stock and supplies.