College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Students in the Department of Theatre and Cinema at Radford University study and work in modern, state-of-the-art facilities comparable to many professional theatres throughout the country. Though we are currently awaiting completion of our state-of-the-art new building (Artis Center for Adaptive Innovation and Creativity) which is slated to open in Fall of 2024, our students are still exposed to a variety of production and studio activities in several different facilities across campus.
For now, the program’s “main stage” performance venue is the 1500-seat Bondurant Theatre in Preston Hall which is a proscenium house with a full fly system, computerized lighting and sound systems and a variety of LED and moving light fixtures. Productions are supported by an adjoining scenic shop and a well-equipped costume studio in Buchannan House. Additional venues are also used across campus that provide students with training in alternative performance spaces such as thrust or theatre in the round arrangements.
In addition, the department has studio spaces for acting/directing classes and a design lab for teaching design/technical classes –including CAD software and multiple storage areas for equipment, stock and supplies.