College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Radford University's Inaugural Health and Wellness Awareness Week Ignites Inspiration in Students
Radford University's Music Department proudly launched its first-ever Health and Wellness Awareness Week over the past weekend, leaving a resounding impact on students' physical and mental well-being. Spearheaded by Dr. Denise Ritter Bernardini and Professor Rachel Rotert, this groundbreaking initiative introduced a captivating array of topics and esteemed guest speakers, making it an unforgettable experience for all in attendance.
The inaugural Health and Wellness Awareness Week, held in Covington, was nothing short of a transformative journey. Under the guidance of Dr. Bernardini and Professor Rotert, students were treated to a diverse range of workshops and discussions that delved into vital aspects of holistic health and wellness.
The event featured a meticulously curated lineup of workshops, each designed to empower students with knowledge and skills to lead healthier lives. Participants had the opportunity to explore a wide spectrum of topics, including:
- Vocal Hygiene: Unlocking the secrets to preserving and enhancing vocal prowess.
- Breathing for Health: Mastering the art of mindful breathing for physical and mental well-being.
- Mindfulness: Cultivating inner peace and resilience in a fast-paced world.
- Applying Athletic Performance to Musicians: Bridging the gap between physical fitness and musical excellence.
- Alexander Technique: Enhancing posture and body awareness for musicians.
- Yoga: Embracing the ancient practice for improved flexibility and stress relief.
- Performance Anxiety: Strategies to conquer nerves and deliver flawless performances.
- Nutrition: Fueling the body and mind for peak performance and less inflammation.
- Productive Resting Strategies: Unveiling the secrets to rejuvenating rest for optimal productivity.
The caliber of guest speakers and experts invited to Radford University was second to none, providing students with unique insights and cutting-edge knowledge in the fields of health and wellness. Dr. Denise Ritter Bernardini and Professor Rachel Rotert's dedication to nurturing the holistic well-being of their students was palpable throughout the event.
"Health and Wellness Awareness Week represents a transformative moment in the lives of our students," remarked Dr. Bernardini. "We believe that by equipping them with these essential tools and knowledge, we're not just enriching their musical talents but also empowering them to thrive in all aspects of life."
Professor Rotert added, "The response from our students has been overwhelmingly positive. We've ignited a spark, and we're committed to nurturing it further, ensuring that they continue to flourish."
The success of Radford University's inaugural Health and Wellness Awareness Week underscores the institution's commitment to holistic education, recognizing that healthy minds and bodies are the foundation for excellence in music and beyond.