College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Popular author, blogger to give creative business talk
Creative business consultant April Bowles will give a talk titled “Life After College: The Power of the Internet to Support Your Artistic Career” on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in room 203, McGuffey Hall.
Bowles is a Blacksburg-based author and creator of the inspirational business blog blacksburgbelle.com. She works with artists and companies in the creative industry to help them achieve their business goals. Much of her work focuses on aspects of developing creative products, blogging and marketing to new audiences. Her consulting expertise is wide-ranging with an impressive list of clients.
“April Bowles is someone who has been able to help artists and companies achieve their specific career goals and she has guided them in their paths to more sustainable and viable artistic careers. We are excited to have her come and share her knowledge about the industry with us,” said Melissa Schappell, Marketing Chair for the Graduate Art Student Association (GASA).
A reception with light refreshments will begin at 5:00 p.m. with Bowles scheduled to speak at 5:30 p.m. The event is presented by GASA as part of Women’s History Month.