College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
We provide our students many opportunities to practice your craft and give you the close attention dance training requires. Find out how to schedule a visit, discover the process of applying and funding your education at Radford. Come sit in on a class, attend a performance and talk to our students.
What is required for admission to the program?
- The chair of the department handles the initial response to inquiries about the department of dance by phone, email and/or letter. Students may visit and tour the department any time we are in session. If you’d like to participate in a technique class please contact the department
- To be considered for admission into the dance program, a prospective student must attend an audition. There are usually 3 auditions held throughout each year. Click here to schedule an audition with us.
The audition consists of a time to observe/participate “a day of RU dance” with our current dance majors; an audition class consisting of both classical (Ballet) and contemporary (Modern Dance, Jazz) dance technique forms; and a presentation of a 2-minute solo. Additionally there will be time for prospective students and families to meet and speak with current students, faculty and the department chair.