College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
News and Events
Department of Dance News
After a year and a half of virtual performances, the Department of Dance returns to the stage to presents its first live concert, Fall Dance Festival, Oct 14, 15 at 7:30PM and Oct 16 at 2:00PM in Bondurant Auditorium in Preston Hall.
Associate Professor of Dance Amy VanKirk and six of her students will debut a virtual performance with New York City-based Jazz Choreography Enterprises on April 24 and 25, 2021. VanKirk will be featured as part of a live talkback following the performance on April 25, 2021.
The College of Visual and Performing Arts will say farewell to Porterfield and McGuffey Halls by hosting a Spirit Week. The final week of classes this semester will be the last time students ever take courses in these buildings, as they will each be torn down and replaced with the Center for Adaptive Innovation and Creativity.
“Dancing on the Edge” is an annual spring event hosted by the Department of Dance where students in the program perform choreographed works by dance faculty and guest artists. It is often one of the last times that graduating seniors in the program have the opportunity to perform together.
News from University Relations