College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
International Summer Dance Intensive
June 13-June 23, 2022
Ages: 12 to 21
Levels: Intermediate and Advanced
Audition required in person or by video* – to schedule please contact Program Director Inessa Plekhanova (email@example.com)
This classically based program is ideal for serious and dedicated ballet students age 12 and older who have had a minimum of two years of ballet training and at least one year of pointe training for girls. The two-week concentrated course work for intermediate and advanced level students will help them to realize their higher potential.
Internationally recognized Vaganova certified teachers will be teaching ballet and Pointe classes. Exciting modern and jazz classes will supplement the intensive ballet program. The program is a great opportunity to learn, to improve, and to have fun! Demonstration classes will be given at the conclusion of the program. Parents and friends are welcome to attend.
Private lessons, coaching, and competition preparation are available by special arrangement through the Program Director and for an additional fee.
Housing is available for international and out of state students on Radford University’s beautiful campus.
- Ballet Technique
Dress and Hair Regulations
Female students are required to have their hair pulled back in a bun whenever length allows, and are required to wear pink ballet tights and pink ballet shoes with a solid, dark-colored leotard.
Male students are required to wear black tights, black ballet shoes and white T-shirt without design, OR black tights, white crew socks, white ballet shoes and white T-shirt.
Fees and Deadlines
- Video Audition link (15-20 minutes of class work) * – Due by April 8, 2022
- Registration Form and $150 non-refundable deposit ** (part of tuition) - Due by April 22, 2022
- Full Tuition – Due by May 20, 2022 - $900 (including deposit) 2 weeks (full program)
- Room and Board Fee– Due by May 20, 2022 - $1200 - double occupancy, breakfast, lunch and dinner
* The audition video material must include three to four combinations at the bar, one turns combination in center, three allegro combinations (petit, medium, and grand), and two to three combinations on pointe for female students. The length of the video should be about 15-20 minutes.
**The deposit will be refunded only in case if the entire program is cancelled by the administration. We reserve the rights to cancel classes or change the schedule due to lack of enrollment and modify placement based upon a student’s level of preparation.
For more information please contact Program Director Inessa Plekhanova at: 540-831-6337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.