College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
We are grateful to have guest artists come to RU each year, greatly enriching our students' dance experience.
Guest choreographers and master classes are important facets of Radford University’s dance program. Each semester we offer one (1) to two (2) master classes while yearly we bring in an artist to create or re-set creative research on our dance majors, providing them with diverse artistic experiences while exposing them to a variety of dance genres, teaching methodologies and creative processes. Interacting with our students via classes, informal talks and performances these guest artists and master teachers offer inspiration and an ongoing connection to the current dance scene.
Goals & Objectives:
- To give students corporeal experiences in dance genres other than what is offered on a regular basis.
- To impart varied methodologies of dance.
- To give students an opportunity to work alongside professional artists.
- To expose students to diverse perspectives.
- To provide students an opportunity to work in a company setting.
Past Guest Artists:
Kyle Abraham, Abraham in Motion.
Alyce Finwall, Founder and Artistic Director of the Alyce Finwall Dance Theater residing in San Francisco, CA.
Dance Theatre of Harlem, Company members.
Darrell Grand Moultrie, Princess Grace Award winner and international choreographer for companies and theater.
Melinda Jackson and Michael Kessler, Founders and Artistic Directors of the M&M American Dance Theatre.
Mira Kingsley, Associate Professor of Dance, University of California at Santa Barbara.
Valentina Kozlova, Former Company Member of the Bolshoi Ballet and New York City Ballet.
Donald Laney, West Virginia Dance Company.
Gemze de Lappe, Choreographer and teacher, especially known for reconstructing the work of de Mille, Isadora Duncan and Jerome Robbins.
Keith Lee, Founder and Artistic Director of the Dance Theatre of Lynchburg, Former dancer with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
Natalie Marrone, Artistic Director of the Dance Cure.
Christopher K. Morgan, Christopher K. Morgan and Artists, A Contemporary Dance Company located in the D.C. area.
Donald McKayle, Professor of Dance at UC Irvine, Internationally renowned modern dancer, choreographer, teacher, director and writer.
Northwest Dance Project, Company members.
Sherone Price, Principal Dancer with Chuck Davis African American Dance Ensemble.
Reginald Yates, Dancer, choreographer and educator with extensive affiliations with Alvin Ailey, the Juilliard School and the New World School for the Arts.
Keshia Wall, Matriarch Dance Company.
Wesley Williams Jr., Former member of the Chuck Davis and the African American Dance Ensemble, he is now the Artistic Director of Suah African Dance Theatre in Greensboro, NC.