Davis College of Business and Economics Academic Advising
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Graduation Requirements and Forms
Commencement is the culmination of all your hard work at in the College of Business and Economics and Radford University!
There is a TWO PART process to applying to graduate: 1. An online google form that let's the advising center know what you plan to take and when 2. The online graduation application through Banner SSB. Students MUST do both parts.
Please read the following instructions carefully for Spring/Summer 2019 Graduation:
1. Go to the Graduation Application Google Doc
2. Fill out the form electronically and submit
3. Go to MyRU -> Academics -> Banner SSB Menu -> Student Records -> Apply for Graduation
4. Submit the second part of the Grad App through Banner SSB
- Application for Graduation (PDF) - Your application for graduation must be turned in to the COBE Advising Center in Kyle Hall 244. This does not count as your advising appointment.
- Petition to Participate in the Spring 2018 Commencement Ceremony (PDF)
Complete this form if you will be completing your remaining requirements in the Summer 2018 term and wish to participate in Spring Commencement 2018.
- Petition to participate in the Winter 2018 Commencement Ceremony (PDF)
Complete this form if you will be completing your remaining requirements in the WinterMester 2018 term and wish to participate in Fall Commencement 2018.
Minimum Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
- 120 credit hours (minimum) successfully completed
- 2.00 minimum overall grade point average (some degree tracks/majors require a higher overall GPA)
- 2.00 minimum in-major grade point average (some majors require a higher in-major GPA) and a 2.25 in major GPA for 2016-2017 catalog year
- 45 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for graduation
- 30 of the last 39 credit hours must be completed in residence at Radford University (you may only transfer 9 of your last credit hours from an outside institution during your last two semesters if you complete 15 credit hours during fall and 15 credit hours during spring semester)
- 50 percent of the credit hours in your major or minor must be completed at Radford University
Graduating with Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 or higher with a minimum of 30 hours but less than 60 hours completed at Radford University will graduate "With Distinction"
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.50 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.70 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Magna Cum Laude Latin Honors
- Students who achieve a GPA of 3.85 and at least 60 hours completed at Radford University to be eligible for Summa Cum Laude Latin Honors
Graduate Student Graduation Requirements
Graduate students who need information about their graduation requirements should contact the Graduate College.