College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
Women's History Month 2017
Weaving the Stories of Women's Lives
On-Going Annual Events
The 14th Annual Her-Story Celebration
For each day during the month of March, subscribers to the Her-Story Project Listserv will receive an essay character sketch, photo journal, or poem submitted by one of the members of the listserv, reflecting on specific women or aspects of womanhood. Our celebration is unique in that each day’s tribute is composed by a Radford University student, staff member, administrator or faculty member.
The 14th Annual Circle of Life/Intergenerational Dialogue
On Wednesdays during March, an inner circle of women from one generation will speak to an outer circle of participants from other generations about their life experiences and what it is like to be a woman in a particular age group. Participation is open to all members of the Radford University community.
Paradigm Shift 10th Anniversary Performance
Each year this concert celebrates Women’s History Month by featuring original creative dance works by emerging female choreographers from the Radford University Department of Dance.
The 8th Annual Vagina Monologues
Back after a one year hiatus, Eve Ensler’s powerful play calling for an end to violence against women and girls will be directed by Dr. David Beach (English). The Women’s Studies Club has raised thousands of dollars for the Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley in conjunction with these performances and the VDay movement.
Calendar of Events
No events found.