Incoming Cadets

You have been accepted to Radford University and are interested in Army ROTC, but now what? You are on track to becoming an Army Officer. Remember, you may take Army ROTC for the first two full years with no commitment. The Army ROTC course counts as elective credit toward most Radford University degrees, even if you do not finish the full program.

During Quest you will sign up for the first ROTC class (usually MSCI-111). This will place you into the Army ROTC program at Radford University.
If you are not an incoming Freshman in a Fall Semester, please contact us for which course(s) to take for ROTC.

Before classes start, there are some forms we need filled out. The full list is below with associated forms to be downloaded, filled out and brought or sent to the office prior to your first day of attendance. 
You might also check over the requirements for the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) and start an exercise routine towards passing this test. This will help in your first few weekes of school. Check information about Zero-Week as well and let us know if you are interested in attending. It is recommended, but not required. See more information about Zero-Week at

Basic Initial Enrollment Forms

The following are Standard enrollment paperwork; if you are enrolling in the ROTC Program we will need these forms completed prior to the first day of class.
ROTC Checklist (PDF)
Instructions for Forms (DOC)

  • CC Form 139-R (PDF)- Follow instructions provided. If you have questions, wait until you arrive to fill out that area. You will be filling out page 1 and 2 only.

  • Copy of your transcripts - New freshman must submit high school transcript to include final semester; transfer and current Radford University students must also submit your most recent college transcript. (Unofficial copies are accepted.)

  • SAT/ACT Scores (Unofficial copies are accepted.)

  • DA Form 3425-R (PDF)- Medical Fitness Statement. Must be signed by a doctor and submitted PRIOR to the start of classes. (If you are already MEPS or DoDMERB qualified we will need a copy of that form.)

  • Dental Form (PDF)- Does not require a dentist's signature and must be submitted PRIOR to the start of classes.

  • Original/certified birth certificate; a copy will be made and the original returned to you, but we must see the original or certified document.

  • Signed Social Security card. Be sure the card is signed. Again, we must see the original, which we copy and return to you.

  • DD Form 2058 (PDF)- State a legal residence.

  • VT 1 Enrollment Information Sheet (PDF)- Questions for conditions that may need a waiver. All requests for waivers must be submitted and approved prior to contracting.

  • CC Form 136-R (PDF)- Briefing of Government Benefits 

  • Form CC 137-R (PDF)- Authorization of Record Access

  • Dean of Students Release Letter (PDF)-This version of the Release Letter is being updated as of August 2016. 

  • DD Form 2005 (PDF)- Privacy Act Statement

  • DD Form 1199a (PDF) - Direct Deposit Form  (Bank signature required)

  • W-4 (PDF)

  • Uniform Size Chart (PDF)

  • Instructions for CC Form 104-R (PDF) 

  • CC Form 104-R  (PDF)- Academic Alignment Sheet Save form to your computer before opening. (If this form is confusing, wait until your first semester of classes to fill out the form.)

Additional Information and Forms