College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Initiatives
The International Programs Office of Radford University is sponsoring a four-week summer school session in France, at the Université Catholique de l'Ouest in Angers. Located in the Loire Valley, near some of the world's most beautiful castles and scenery, Angers is a historic French city, which is renowned for its hospitality, gentle way of life, 11th century castle and cathedral, multiple artistic activities, famous museums, and of course, its legendary gastronomy.
It also boasts a selective, internationally-known summer school program attended each year by over 500 students from 30 different countries. The summer school program of the Université Catholique de l'Ouest, now in its 63rd year, offers rigorous instruction by a dedicated French faculty, as well as numerous opportunities for excursions, sight-seeing tours and independent extra-curricular activities.
Dr. Eric du Plessis, Professor of French at Radford University, will accompany the students to France and work closely with them and the French administration of the Université Catholique de l'Ouest. Upon successful completion of the four-week program, each student will be awarded a Certificat de Langue Française as well as six hours of summer school credits. Courses are offered on many different levels. Prospective students can join whether they are nearly fluent, or never had any instruction in French.
The program offers an exciting blend of serious study and great fun. Paris is only 1½ hours away by the T.G.V. (the world's fastest passenger train), and the sandy beaches of the French Atlantic Coast are just one hour away.
The estimated cost for the entire program is $6190 (in-state students).
- Round-trip airfare Paris-Washington, D.C. on a regularly scheduled flight (the return date can be individualized to accommodate students' traveling plans after the program is completed)
- Transportation between Charles de Gaulle Airport and downtown Paris
- Two nights accommodation in a 3-star Paris hotel, with breakfast (double occupancy)
- Round-trip transportation on the T.G.V. high-speed train between Angers and Paris
- Summer school tuition and fees at the Université Catholique de l'Ouest in Angers
- Complete room and board for four weeks (private rooms, three meals a day)
- Medical insurance
- All administrative costs and airport taxes
- Radford University in-state summer school tuition
(A $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit will be due on or before December 1st; $2500 by February 1st and the balance by June 1st )
Interested students should contact Dr. Eric du Plessis, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, at firstname.lastname@example.org