College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Army ROTC
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Prelaw Advising
- School of Communication
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of English
- Department of Political Science
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- SMART Lab
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
CHBS Writing Center
During the Fall 2021 semester, the Writing Center will offer online and in-person writing support beginning on August 30.
Schedule an appointment by signing in to your Writing Center account.
Our tutors are available to help in-person or via live chat Mondays and Fridays from 10am - 3pm and Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10am - 5pm. Students can schedule and access these appointments through our online schedule. Click HERE for a video explaining how to set up and access online appointments.
Please note that students must bring two hard copies of their paper and writing assignment to their appointment. Students may print their documents in The Writing Center for 10 cents per page. Students also must wear a mask the entire time they are in the Writing Center.
HH 4800 (above Starbucks)
Phone: 540-831-7605 (Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10:30 am - 1pm)
For more information, check out this video of Dr. Katie Garahan, the director of The Writing Center, explaining our services.