College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
CHBS Writing Center
During the Spring 2021 semester, The Writing Center will offer online and in-person writing support.
Schedule an appointment by signing in to your Writing Center account.
Our tutors are available to help via live chat Mondays and Fridays from 10am - 3pm and Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10am - 5pm. Students can schedule and access these appointments through our online schedule. Click HERE for a video explaining how to set up and access online appointments.
Our tutors are available for in-person support Tuesdays - Thursdays from 11am - 1pm. Students can schedule these appointments through our online schedule.
Please note that in order to maintain social distancing, students must bring two hard copies of their paper and writing assignment to their appointment. Students may print their documents in The Writing Center for 10 cents per page. Students also must wear a mask the entire time they are in The Writing Center.
CHBS 4800 (above Starbucks)
Phone: 540-831-7605 (Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10:30 am - 1pm)
For more information, check out this video of Dr. Katie Garahan, the director of The Writing Center, explaining our services.