College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
The Media Production concentration prepares students for positions in creative production in corporate, industrial and other professional environments, as well as working in the areas of Web, multimedia, radio and television and field production. Contact Dr. West Bowers (email@example.com) with questions.
Media Production Concentration (36 hours)
Core courses: Students in the School of Communication must complete these two courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
- COMS 130. Introduction to Communication
- COMS 330. Communication Theory
Required Courses (27 hours)
- COMS 146. Media Production 1: Foundations
- COMS 226. Digital Imaging
- COMS 246. Media Production 2A: Audio-Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. Requires COMS 130, COMS 146, Co-requisite COMS 247.
- COMS 247. Media Production 2B: Writing-Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. Requires COMS 130, COMS 146. Co-requisite COMS 246.
- COMS 346. Media Production 3A: Cinematography-Requires COMS 130, COMS 146, COMS 246, and COMS 247. Co-requisite COMS 347.
- COMS 347. Media Production 3B: Editing-Requires COMS 130, COMS 146, COMS 246, and COMS 247. Co-requisite COMS 346.
- COMS 400. Media Law and Ethics-Requires COMS 130 or permission of instructor.
- COMS 446. Media Production 4: Studio-Requires COMS 130, COMS 330, COMS 346 and COMS 347.
- COMS 482. Media Production Portfolio-May be repeated, but no more than nine (9) hours may be taken for credt. Requires COMS 130, 146, 246, 247, 330, 346, and 347,
Electives - Choose nine (9) credit hours of electives from School of Communication courses. Six of those hours must be at the 300-400 level.