Read & Write Software
Hear web pages and documents read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with choice of natural voices, highlight text, and much more.
Read&Write (R&W) is literacy software with tools designed for reading, writing, study, and research support. It has reader software that works with our library articles, websites, and alternate format textbooks. It is a software that allows the reader to listen to text while reading.
Want to know more? Interested in a free license for your computer? Great! Contact your CAS accessibility coordinator.
Read&Write is available on different platforms.
- Text to speech
- Highlighting main topics and subtopics
- Extracting text to create notes
- Creating audio notes
- Tracking search history
- Creating reference/bibliography lists
- When online reading, extract your highlights to a seperate file and create study guides.
- Listen to text on your computer to increase comprehension.
- Make audio notes
- Remove clutter on the page
- Use dictation to brainstorm ideas
- Translationof many different languages
The Read&Write toolbar is easy to navigate, personalize and use. Students can use the tools below to learn more or contact CAS for one-on-one training.
Image of the Read&Write toolbar with short descriptions of each tool included.
Read&Write Installation Instructions
To install Read&Write, first select your platform from the list of links below. If assistance is needed, contact CAS.
- Total Program for Google Chrome
- Overview of R&W Tools
- Ways to use R&W
- Quick Reference Guide
- YouTube Video of R&W Mac Tools