We are very excited to offer online transcript ordering effective Monday, September 25, 2017. The new online transcript ordering system makes transcript ordering easier and more convenient and the transcript processing time much faster, ranging from immediate processing for electronic transcripts to 1-2 business days for paper transcripts. Electronic, paper mailed, and paper pickup options will be available at the following costs:
Paper Mailed: $7.00
Paper Pickup: $7.00
Effective September 25, 2017 the current options listed below will no longer be available.
Until then, transcripts can be requested in the following ways:
STANDARD REQUEST DIRECTLY THROUGH REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
You may print and fill out the Transcript Request Form (PDF) and submit it to our office either by fax to
(540) 831-6642, mail to Box 6904, Radford, VA 24142, drop off at 105 Heth Hall, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not able to print the transcript request form, you may submit handwritten requests including the following information:
1. Full legal name and any maiden or former names
2. Student ID number or Social Security Number
3. Approximate dates of attendance
4. Degree(s) awarded
5. Quantity of transcripts requested
6. Addresses of locations to send transcripts
7. Daytime phone number
8. Legal signature
A transcript is the official record of a student's academic history. In accordance with federal regulations, transcript copies are only issued upon receipt of a signed, written request by the student or alumni. Because we are required to verify that we are releasing a transcript by permission of the student, any request without a completed, legally signed transcript request form cannot be accepted. Telephone requests will not be accepted.
Please read the following information regarding transcript requests:
- Please order your transcripts at least two weeks before the receiving institution requires them. Transcripts will be generated within three to five business days. Please allow for outgoing mail time, as well as, receiving/processing time for the receiving institution.
- There is no charge for transcripts, and you may request up to five copies at a time.
- Transcripts are processed in the order in which they are received, whether they are faxed, mailed, or requested in person in our office.
- Requested transcripts will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service or can be picked up in person in 105 Heth Hall (must present photo identification). We do not have the capability to fax transcripts to any destination or use overnight delivery services.
- A block or hold on your record will prevent transcript requests from being processed.