Transcripts may be requested in the following ways:
1) Standard Request Directly Through Registrar's Office
You may print and fill out the Transcript Request Form (PDF) and submit to our office either by fax to
(540) 831-6642, mail to Box 6904, Radford, VA 24142, or drop off at 105 Heth Hall.
If you are not able to print the transcript request form, you may submit handwritten requests including the following information:
- Full legal name and any maiden or former names
- Student ID number or Social Security Number
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Degree(s) awarded
- Quantity of transcripts requested
- Addresses of locations to send transcripts
- Daytime phone number
- Legal signature
A transcript is the official record of a student's academic history. In accordance with federal regulations, transcript copies are only issued upon receipt of a signed, written request by the student or alumni. Because we are required to verify that we are releasing a transcript by permission of the student, telephone or e-mail requests are not accepted.
Please read the following information regarding transcript requests:
- Please order your transcripts at least two weeks before the receiving institution requires them. Transcripts will be generated within three to five business days. Please allow for outgoing mail time, as well as, receiving/processing time for the receiving institution.
- There is no charge for transcripts, and you may request up to five copies at a time.
- Transcripts are processed in the order in which they are received, whether they are faxed, mailed, or requested in person in our office.
- Requested transcripts will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service or can be picked up in person in 105 Heth Hall (must present photo identification). We do not have the capability to fax transcripts to any destination or use overnight delivery services.
- A block or hold on your record will prevent transcript requests from being processed.
2) National Student Clearinghouse Online Transcript Requests
Radford University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the internet. To order an official transcript, log in to the Clearinghouse secure site. You may request up to five copies at a time. There is a $2.25 convenience charge for this online service. This service provides convenience in making requests, as well as, viewing the status of your order and email confirmation.
Requests are generally processed within three to five business days from the time of receipt, however, longer processing may occur during graduation and final grade processing, or if the student attended prior to 1991.
If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact them via e-mail at email@example.com or phone (703) 742-7791.