Add/Drop Period Information & Dates
Continuing and New Transfer Student Schedule Adjustment
The Fall 2016 schedule adjustment (add/drop) period for continuing and newly admitted transfer undergraduate students who have attended Quest in the summer begins on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. All schedule adjustments can be made online through the course registration channel in the MyRU Portal until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 4. Registration PIN numbers will NOT be necessary during the schedule adjustment period. Registration PIN numbers are only required during pre-registration to ensure that students see their academic advisors before registering for classes, but are not necessary during the schedule adjustment period.
In preparation for the Fall Quest sessions, online registration will be closed from Monday, August 22 at 8:00 a.m. until Friday, August 26 at 5:00 p.m. New transfer students who have not already attended Quest will create their schedules at the Fall Quest session on Thursday, August 25th. Schedule adjustments thereafter can be made online until Sunday, September 4 at 11:59 p.m.
New Freshmen and Readmitted Student Schedule Adjustment
New freshmen admitted for the Fall 2016 term can only make schedule adjustments through the student’s Academic Advising Center beginning Monday, August 29th at 8:00 a.m. until Friday, September 2nd at 5:00 p.m. New students wishing to adjust their schedules should contact the appropriate Academic Advising Center to make an appointment. Contact information for each Academic Advising Center is posted below.
Students readmitted for the Fall 2016 term should refer to their Readmission Acceptance letter for registration instructions.
Contact information for each academic advising center is as follows:
- Pre-Major Advising Center, Walker Hall 103, (540) 831-5220
- College of Business & Economics Advising Center, Kyle Hall 244, (540) 831-5074
- College of Education & Human Development Advising Center, Peters Hall A104, (540) 831-5424
- Waldron College of Health & Human Services Advising Center, Waldron Hall 351, (540) 831-7699
- College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences Advising Center, College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences Building 3301, (540) 831-6366
- College of Science & Technology Advising Center, Stuart Hall 163, (540) 831-5601
- College of Visual & Performing Arts Advising Center, Porterfield Hall 243, (540) 831-6903 or (540) 831-5348
Continuous online registration access until 4:00 p.m. Monday, September 12, 2016.