December 4, 1916: Miss Louise Ninde, a new director of physical education at Radford, created a sensation when she danced at a Christmas party. Up until this time, dance was viewed as a socially unacceptable activity.
December 9, 1922: The Pocahontas Literary Society presented its annual open program with a three-act play called “Christmas Light.”
December, 1949: The Baptist Student Center and the Wesley Foundation were established.
December 2, 1959: The first fall band concert was held in Founder’s auditorium.
December, 1962: Radford College celebrated its Golden Anniversary in the 1962-1963 academic year. Dr. Anne Pannell, President of Sweetbriar College, addressed the students on the topic of new dimensions and new answers in education.
December 9, 1981: The Dedmon Center opened. Rowdy Red premiered as the first school mascot.
December, 1984: Radford reported an 8.3 percent increase in student enrollment -- the largest percent increase reported for the year among the state’s four-year colleges and universities.
December 31, 1999: The first-ever capital fund raising campaign, Investing in Lifetimes, generated over $26 million in private support at its conclusion in 1999.